Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Recommitting

Today, a close-call reminded me why my goals are important:

My family is dependent on one primary source of income. The other sources can come or go, but this one source of income is the biggest, and without it, we would lose where we live, we would not be able to eat.

You might think that nearly losing this source would re-commit me to maintaining it.

And you couldn't be more wrong.

If anything, this near-disaster woke me up to the old adage: don't put all your eggs into one basket. Right now, one basket sure has most of my eggs.

So it's time to start weaving more baskets. Part of Eudaimonia is balance. Part of it is independence. All of it is being able to take care of myself and not leave myself in potentially abusive situations. And right now a single company has me bent so far over the rail that I cannot stand up on my own.

So a major focus on the Eudaimonia Project are going to be becoming financially independent, so I can say "Take this job and shove it" just as soon as my job starts demanding impossible things of me (like they always eventually do."

What have you done to lessen your dependence on a single company?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We will post as soon as possible.