Friday, August 30, 2013

Finance Blows

As part of this project, I needed to get a grip on my finances.

Of course, that meant digging up all of those bills I've been shoving into a drawer (or throwing out).

It also meant looking at my credit score (yikes!).

I still have yet to get my credit report, but before I can undo any of the damage I've done, we have a HUGE expense coming up, that derails all of our efforts to invest and save and do the other things we had been trying to do so well.

There's nothing like a financial emergency to break up your good karma.

So here I am, suddenly feeling the responsibility I've been trying to hide from, but I'm not in a position to make it better.  Or, at least, that's what I thought.

It's amazing how creative you get when you let recrimination go. Yes, I've screwed up and lowered my credit score. Divorces and custody battles will do that. But I can pay things off one by one. I can make deals with creditors, and pay off part of an overdue balance every month. I actually can improve my score by paying my bills on time, and putting notes on my credit history about the divorce process and how long it took.

Finance blows sometimes, but the best thing to do is get it off your back.

Face it, Fight it, WIN.

This is what I'm learning to do, purchase by purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We will post as soon as possible.